Thursday, December 27, 2012

Don't You Just Love A New Year?

I love a new year. It's a fresh new chance, you know?

Many people say the same thing every year; they say, "I'm going to travel." Or they say, "I'm going to lose weight." I say the same things every year too. I do tend to say, "I'm going to lose weight," but from there my resolutions are usually a little different from the people around me.

"I'm going to read more," because I love to read, but I rarely find time for it. "I'm going to knit more," because although I'm pretty good at it, I still can't follow a pattern to save my life, because I lose count of stitches and rows constantly. Because of this, I mostly knit little things like scarves, cowls, hats, etc. Someday I'd like to tackle a baby blanket or something, though I suppose it shall be rather plain.

"I'm going to write more."

Every year I say it, and every year, I fail to do it. I failed to blog, because I didn't find the time. I failed to write my first novel for most of my life, though I started countless ones, countless times. But now that I've done it? I really did write more. In one month, I wrote my first novel, and within a few short weeks, To Love A Selkie was on virtual e-book shelves at Amazon.com.

With 2013 looming before me, I still plan to write more, but this time, I'm giving myself a head start. My second novel is expected to release in February, followed by its sequel sometime in the summer. Soon enough, this second novel will have become a series of six (or more).

In the meantime, as 2012 draws to a close, I wish everyone a Happy New Year, and good luck on your resolutions.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love this site! I'm a writer myself, so I can relate to your wanting to write more. I wanted to check out your e-book, but when I looked up "To Love A Selkie", there were no e-copies available. Hmmm. I'm not sure what's going on with that, but I hope you'll be writing more novels in the future! Writing books is like having babies. A writer can't really rest until the whole book is written and published. I know from first hand experience. Keep on writing! It's a gift that not everyone has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the interest, and for wanting to check out To Love A Selkie! Actually, the reason that book is no longer available is because it's now the first half of a longer novel - Selkie, which is the first book in my Selkie Trilogy. I'd like to invite you to check those books out for sure - I'm still totally in love with those characters and that story. Just click on "My Books" in the navigation bar at the top of this blog!

      Delete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!