Monday, January 21, 2013

Because My Fans Are Awesome ...

As a big thank-you to all the fans working hard toward the early release of Fat Chance, Book One of the Kingsley Series, welcome to the third and final excerpt from the book! In this excerpt, I've opened the window to give you another glimpse between the virtual covers. Cassaundra Keaton may not be the most confident woman, but she definitely rose to the occasion of a steamy shower with Andrew Kingsley ...

Drew drops my hand, and for a split second, I'm afraid he was just teasing about the shower. Then he shuts the bathroom door, kicks off his shoes, and grins. "Oh no," he says, spreading his arms wide. "I can't seem to undress without help."
"Ha! You didn't even try!" Heat fills my face. I've never stripped anyone but myself before.
"And risk injuring myself more?" He shakes his head. "I think I'm going to have to report you to the nursing board, Miss Keaton."
Just do it. You can't live in fear.
"Well, we can't have that, now can we? Surely, sir, there must be something I can do to appease your temper," I tease, placing a hand gently on his chest, looking up at him as innocently as possible.
His breath catches, his eyes widening. "Well, I'm sure if you try really hard, we can think of something."
It takes us forever to get him out of his shirt, both of us in turn laughing and groaning as we figure out how to get the shirt off without hurting him. Catching sight of the healing incisions on his chest, I look up at him.
"Can you get those wet?"
"Yep, sure can. They're glued or something, so I'm good as long as I'm not stressing the glue. Water is fine," he assures me, reaching out to slowly lift the hem of my yoga top.
"Oh," I whisper, heat beginning to leave my face and pool instead between my thighs, as he steps back with my shirt in his hands, taking in my ugly sport bra, struggling to keep control of my breasts.
"Does that work?" he asks quietly, lifting my chin and urging me to meet his eyes.
"The, um, the bra?" I ask stupidly.
"Yeah. Does it help in your classes? Because it doesn't look comfortable." He reaches toward me again, flicking one of the many hook closures down the front. It pops open easily, leaving the bra with a "v" neck appearance.
"Um, it helps, some," I answer, blushing as he flicks another hook open. He works his way down the front of the bra, and though the fabric spreads, it doesn't fall away. I swallow, gasping, standing helplessly as he cups my breasts, spreading the bra with his fingers until it suddenly springs free.

Don't forget to check out Excerpt #1, and Excerpt #2!

Want to see more of Cassaundra's journey to confidence and love? Keep watching for more information on the release of Fat Chance, book one of the Kingsley Series, coming to an Amazon Kindle near you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to read the rest of the book if it is going to be this interesting :-) Hopefully, you will get your 8 more likes so I can read it before the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. This book hits close to home for me in some places, so it's become a special sort of baby of mine. I'm anxious to get it out there and see if it flies.

      Delete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.