Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Road Alone, A PicPrompt

Please be aware that ALL of this writing is copyright protected as my own creative content, and NO PART of any post/story may be reproduced, copied or used in 
ANY WAY, ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME.


© John Wollwerth  Dreamstime.com

The Road Alone
copyright 2013, Brandi Kennedy

*****

Some things cannot be undone.
What you make a person feel in one single moment, if it's strong enough, will never EVER be forgotten. And turning your back on one who needs you?

Well, you may as well walk away, because sometimes there's no turning back.

*****

I needed you
I can't say how many times I cried
Reaching out
For a broad back that was all I could see

You live with a cold soul
A bitter heart
But I needed you to love and support
The little girl that was me

And now, I go on
I walk too often alone
My fingers curling around a hand that is
No longer there

Someday you'll be gone
Or I will
And we shall meet someday again
Or at least, that's my prayer

And I will stand proud
In belief of myself
as I never could before
under the weight of your cold disapproval

Because I am strong now
Without you beside me
without you to lean on
Finally free of your bitter perusal.



2 comments:

  1. This must have been hard to write; you really put your heart out there. I especially love the last two stanzas, and and the last line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to write; it was a personal feeling, a very personal type of thing to put into the world. But sometimes that's how it has to be, isn't it?

      Delete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.