Thursday, April 18, 2013

Changes

It's funny, isn't it, how much one thing can change your life? When I was little and I would run my fingers lovingly over the books in my bedroom (I had sort of a personal "library" of books by the time I was in high school, and now have hundreds of books throughout our apartment), I just couldn't imagine I'd ever be where I am now.

It's not glamorous like I thought it might be, and I'm certainly not sleeping in a basket of $100 bills, but it really has changed so much of my life, and it's changed me in huge ways as a person.

I still have my days where I feel like this could never happen to me, like I'll never be able to build the kind of huge fan base some others (that I know of) have built. I have days where I wonder what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, if it will grow to the point where I can use it to support my kids in a better way. If I will buy a house, if I will buy cars for my daughters.

Will I??
Who knows.
None of us can know.
Everything can change in a day, or a moment.

So I wait. I watch the entries come in slowly but surely in my giveaways.
I watch the likes grow slowly but surely on my facebook author page.
I watch the following grow on my twitter account, slowly but surely.
And I watch the book sales go their way, slowly but surely.

With every new like, with every new follower, with every new sale and every review, my life is growing, changing in ways that I never thought possible. It's been such an adventure over these four short months
(today is my four-months-as-an-author-anniversary),
and I can't wait to see the rest of where I'm going.

In the meantime, I'm dropping over at
to share my Prescription For Love promo with Jessica! 
Head on over and check it out
and don't forget to enter that giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.