Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stop Number Eight

Yesterday was a rough day. Tour-wise, it was good. I loved watching my interview go up
over at Raven Reviews, but it was a rough day personally.

So I woke up this morning thinking immediately of the tour. I was still in bed when I opened the browser on my phone, went to my tour schedule page, and clicked the link to the blog scheduled to post today.

And it was there. It's a review, so I was a little nervous waiting for it to load. That feeling of nervousness might never go away ... I think I might always be afraid of the idea of putting my heart between two covers and asking someone else to judge it's worth. So I was nervous.

I didn't need to be.

Like Cass's, my own confidence as a writer is growing in leaps and bounds. I'm still afraid of reviews, because some of those reviewers are downright hurtful when they shred your work and let you know how much they think you suck. That's pretty scary. But Cass Keaton has soared since the release of Fat Chance, and she has experienced overwhelming success so far. She's been loved, and heard, and understood to a degree that I never expected. Writing her was like therapy for me. I researched inspirational quotes, I included my personal list of power/confidence songs in the book, and Cass's fat jokes about herself were generally ones that I've used on myself in my own head.

But I'm less and less afraid with every review.

And it's due, in part, to reviews like this.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.