Monday, August 5, 2013

Standing Strong I

I got an email a while back that said (among other things):
"You don't just have fans, you have hurting and growing women who really need to hear the message you're telling. They're eager for some grace. They need someone to tell their story for them, with all the brutality and all the courage both, so they can see who they really are - valued, strong, unique, loved and loveable - through the framework of the story. And you do that very well, and with so much heart. You don't shy away from the worst,
which makes the best all that much more meaningful."

I love knowing that someone out there is touched by something that I wrote, but it's also been incredibly fun to realize, ever so slowly, that I'm growing as a writer, really growing. Not just within myself, either; I'm growing a somewhat small but still very real public existence and with the success of Cass Keaton (Fat Chance, Kingsley Series, #1), I'm realizing that it puts me in a place to make a difference.

I can now stand out against bullying, or I can lobby for autism awareness. I can make a big issue over my personal views, the debate on gun laws, child abuse, childhood cancer or whatever. And if I take a stand, people will listen. Maybe not a lot, not yet, but some will. It's been something on my heart for months now, the idea that I can get involved with something, that I can lend myself and my talent and my voice to something.

With that in mind, I've been thinking of what I might like to make a fuss over,
what I might like to take a stand on.

I'd like it to be something I can relate to in a big way, something that's real and gritty and personal.

So I've been writing, working a plot line into a story, working some of my personal history into something that I can share with you in hopes of helping other women around the world. This story, when it's finished, will be my way of TAKING A STAND. It'll be me, using what I've got to help make a difference, no matter how small. I don't know exactly how I'm going to do it because I've never been in a position to do something like this before, but as the idea becomes more of a story, more real in my heart,
you can bet that I'll be giving more details until I've got it all worked out,
all ready to show to you, all ready for you to show to others.

One day soon, I'll ask you to help.
I'll ask you to share things and spread the word.
I'll ask you to stand with me.
I'll ask you to help me make a difference.
Will you STAND with me?


~~~ Fighting For Freedom ~~~
coming late August 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.