50 Random Things About Me, Part 2
- I am basically a book hoarder; I have over two hundred books, not counting the ones on my Kindle account. There are so many books in my apartment that I actually don't have proper storage for all of them, so I just have them stacked randomly, wherever I can find room. But I am trying to fix this by reading the books I have and buying the keepers on my Kindle, so that I can get rid of the stacks.
- I am a total wrestling fanatic. I watch WWE constantly, and I record the shows on my DVR for later if I don't actually have time to watch it when it's on. This amounts to over 6 hours of wrestling TV a week, and because of this, I don't actually watch a lot of other shows regularly. However, I have never been to a live show - though I'd really love to.
- I have full-blooded Native American women in the same place on both sides of my family tree (my grandmothers' grandmothers) - or so I'm told.
- I'm short. Like, I'm super, really, really short. Like, five foot two short. Yeah. Short.
- I have a total obsession with foreign accents. I'm not always able to recognize the country of origin, so I'd probably not be able to tell where someone is from (unless it's one of the really obvious ones), but I love pretty much all accents -- British, Australian, Irish and Scottish are my favorites, and French and Russian are pretty cool, too.
- Speaking of French: I was once fluent in French, but I remember very little of the language today, due to lack of practice.
- I'm also morbidly obsessed with historical tragedies like the Holocaust, the sinking of the Titanic, and the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the USA - for different reasons, obviously.
- I was betting on my talent as a writer all the way back in fifth grade. When the year was over and school was letting out, I had bet a boy in my class that I'd be published by sixth grade (cute, huh?). The deal was, if I wasn't published, I owed him $50. But if I did manage to get published, he would have to deal with my ridiculous gloating. And as a bonus, I quite confidently told him that if I won the bet, he wouldn't owe me any money, because I'd obviously be so rich that his money wouldn't matter. Writing this and remembering back then ... it makes me laugh. Kids really do say the darndest things. And honestly, I'd forgotten about this until just recently, when I saw his name on Facebook and learned through the grapevine that he was murdered in September of this year. (RIP Cornell, and may your family see justice served.)
- I have a serious yearning for travel, though I have never been able to really travel before. There are so many places I want to go - and things I'd like to see - that I actually have a real Bucket List. It's always a work in progress, but you can actually see it here.
- I am SUCH a prude. I can't use "dirty" words, except for with the very few people that I'm very comfortable with. I struggle to talk about bodily functions, even when it's necessary to do so, and I still haven't been able to force myself to teach my kids the anatomically correct names for their more private parts. I know I should, and I know that they need to know. But I just can't seem to do it.
...To Be Continued...
I hope you loved reading these as much as I loved thinking them up - and now, it's your turn. Leave me a comment below to tell me a random thing about you.