50 Random Things About Me, Part 4
For anyone coming late to the game, you can check out the early posts in this series as follows:
- I have a tattoo of a boutonniere on the outside of my left calf. There are two flowers -- a rose for my oldest daughter, and a lily for my youngest.
- The boutonniere is a cover-up. The tattoo was originally a flower already, but it no longer reflected my personal taste and style. There were also several mistakes in it that have made me hate it since the moment I first looked at the finished product. The cover-up, though, is AMAZING!! I still love it completely, and am thrilled to have found such a talented artist to work on me at Synergy Tattoo.
- I hate the word "moist," and I generally refuse to use it to describe anything. To be honest, I'm not even really sure why because the word in itself isn't gross or anything. And it really does describe the perfect cake perfectly ... but no. I hate that word.
- I can actually say that music has literally saved my life, and I can say it without exaggeration. Music means the world to me; over the years, it has gotten me through the very hardest moments of my life. I can't go a day without listening to music of some kind.
- I was born on a Friday.
- I can't choose a favorite Disney movie, but my favorite hunky Disney guy was ... well, I can't choose one of those either.
- I would like very much to work with an architect to design my own home someday, to pick and choose what I love and make my space perfectly suit my tastes. And then, I'd love to fill it with simple but beautiful furniture pieces I'll design and build on my own.
- In contrast with that dream, I am generally very thrifty. It's sometimes literally painful to me to spend money; it makes my heart ache and my stomach burn and all my insecurities shoot right up to the surface. The thing is, I grew up very very poor - there were periods where there wasn't even enough money to eat, let alone pay bills. Because of this, I'm pretty sure I have an actual phobia about being broke, which is unfortunate for me because I'm usually in a position of struggling to make ends meet ... which means I spend a lot of time overly anxious about money.
- When I haven't had enough sleep, I am a horrible person. I'm grouchy and sarcastic and generally a complete @$$hole.
- I find the craziest things to be utterly hilarious. One time, I found a thing online that made a joke about the Harry Potter line about Page 394, and I laughed so hard I cried and nearly made myself sick. I tend to be a serious person, but somehow I'm also very easily amused.
...To Be Continued...
I can't even tell you guys how fun it has been to think of these! We've just got one more post to go to finish this series, so I'll see you back here tomorrow. In the meantime, leave a random fact about you in the comments!