50 Random Things About Me, Part 5
Wow, this is it - and let me tell you guys, it was hard to think of fifty random things about myself! I was trying to stay away from too much "favorite" stuff, partly because I didn't want this list to be too generic but also because I have trouble choosing favorites of most things. Granted, there are a few things that are solid favorites for me (sapphire = favorite gemstone), but with most other things (books, movies, music, etc.), I have so many favorites I can't ever choose just one.
Ad now, let's move on with the final ten of:
- I have a small (nearly invisible) birthmark on the inside of my right calf. It looks like this.
- I can't sleep unless I'm cold. My whole family complains about me turning the a/c down at night, but I can't help it. I literally cannot sleep unless I'm cold enough to need a blanket, which takes a lot because I'm a fairly hot-blooded person.
- I also can't sleep or be comfortable if there is anything too close to my face. I will go into a full-on panic, feeling like I can't breathe. For this reason, I can't pull the covers any higher than my shoulders, and if they creep up too far while I sleep it will actually wake me up. The odd part about this is that I'm not generally claustrophobic.
- I am not comfortable with big or sudden changes. I like knowing where my life is going and how I'm going to get there. On the other hand ...
- I LOVE SURPRISES. This can be gifts, phone calls, unexpected texts that tell me someone is thinking of me, anything. I just love surprises. As long as they're the good kind.
- I come from a musically inclined family. My maternal grandmother used to sing, my father used to sing a little, my mother played the violin, my cousin played the flute. And I played the clarinet. To this day, I still miss it - I keep saying one day I'll buy a new clarinet and re-teach myself to play, but I haven't done it yet. I've also tried guitar and piano, but my fingers are too short to play properly.
- I love figure skating. Like, LOVE it. It's completely beautiful, totally graceful, and very relaxing to watch. I've never been ice skating though, and probably won't ever ... I'm too afraid of falling and cutting myself on the blades.
- My first car was a grey Buick Century; it was so old I can't even remember what year model it was. The frame was bent on the driver's door though, so every time it rained I'd get soaked if I was driving. I couldn't wash it either because of that. The brakes were somehow always bad, there was always something broken or breaking, and it was about 50 Shades of Grey way back in the early 2000's before that became cool. To this day, it'll always be remembered like this.
- I tend to connect songs (and sometimes movies) to specific memories and people. Everyone I know has a song that is "theirs" in my mind, and there are a few people who have movies, also.
- My first orgasm was while reading a book, sitting in the closet in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping. It was completely unexpected (there was no touchy-feely stuff, just reading, I promise!) and actually rather frightening at the time since I was very young. I probably shouldn't have been reading
lady pornhistorical romance at that age anyway, and can't imagine giving something like that to either of my kids.
And there you have it:
50 Random Things About Me.
So tell me, do we share any of these "things" in common? Anything else you'd like to know? Questions you'd like to ask now that you've read these? Tell me in the comments!