Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One Year Ago Today.

One year ago today, I was basking in the thrill of having FINALLY written a novel. A full length novel, that I loved and was proud of, with characters that I loved and related to, and a story line that I ... well, that I loved.

One year ago today, I uploaded a file to Amazon, and I clicked publish. I anguished over keywords. I sat back in disappointment when I that little KDP alert that basically says, "We know you're really excited and that this is a huge step for you, but hey, how 'bout waiting another 8-12 hours before other people can see your work?"

One year ago today, I refreshed my KDP bookshelf like a maniac ALL DAY LONG, waiting for my book's status to switch to "live".

One year ago today, my childhood dream of becoming an author technically came true.
But I say technically because there is a lot more to being an author than self-publishing one title.

In the past twelve months, I have taken that first novel down, doubled it, and reintroduced it to the world. I now have five active titles, five novels made up of characters close to my heart and stories so completely personal that even I can't tell you how many times or how many ways they intersect with my real life.

In the past twelve months, I've given countless interviews to various bloggers, I've joined facebook, twitter, goodreads, and youtube, among other sites. I've connected with bloggers, readers, reviewers, and other book lovers from all over the world. I've connected with other Indie authors, and I've made friendships that I think will last far into the future.

One year ago today, I clicked publish for the first time, but it was during the past twelve months that I really became an author. My life has changed in ways that I can't even explain. I've gotten to know myself better, and I've gained amazing clarity in the aspect of knowing where I want my life to go.

As 2014 approaches and a fresh new year is in front of all of us, I'd just like to thank you all for coming along on this journey with me, for reading my books, for reviewing them and sharing them with your friends, and for all of your support in so many different avenues that it would take too long to list them all here.

Thank You.

I'd like to invite you to join me tomorrow for a little party on Facebook. The premise is that I'm playing virtual hide and seek. I'll be thinking of a place, and I'll post hints or some sort of riddle on the event page, and the first person to correctly "find" me will be awarded the specified prize. You can join the event here, and feel free to invite your friends along, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.