Monday, January 20, 2014

Review: 'The Three Kitties Who Saved My Life' by Michael Meyer

*About The Book*
"An uplifting true story of love - from love and loss to love renewed."

Losing loved ones is an awful fact of life; losing one's loving spouse, one's day-to-day partner through life, especially in the prime of life, is one of the most unbearable tolls that we humans are forced to endure. This is the true story of my journey from grieving widower, not caring if I lived or died, to the once-again happily married man I am today, a man who both loves and cherishes life. My three kitties have given me a new zest for living.

Equally inspiring and entertaining, my story begins with loss and tears, but it ends with lots of love and laughter. I think that you will find yourself moved by my journey.

*My Review*
This book is touted as "a feel-good read," and it is. It's slightly heavy on the feel-good, and at times it may even cross the border into actual cheesiness, but it really is a remarkable story for anyone struggling with grief or the loss of a loved one.

Admittedly, this pleasantly short inspirational contains a few errors that slipped past proofreading, as mentioned in the lower-rated reviews posted to Amazon. However, I found myself so entwined in the emotion of the tale that I hardly noticed many errors at all as I was reading. There were places in the story where I caught myself frowning in sympathy, or laughing out loud. I'm not a cat person myself, but because I am an animal lover, I did relate to the amazing ability that a pet can have in repairing broken emotion.

I've never lost a spouse, but I have suffered a broken heart, and I have had people that I loved with all my heart disappear from my life. I have suffered the loss of a loved one, and I have experienced the pain of losing someone close to me to the darkness of death. I have experienced grief.

Perhaps because of those experiences, I was able to relate to this emotional story in a way that I didn't expect, and once I'd finished reading, I couldn't help recommending the story to a few other people that I know. I so love how this story traces the author's personal growth and healing after the loss of his first wife, crediting much of this growth to the loyal presence and unstoppable energy of a cat named Coco and his kitty brother, Pom Pom. But for me personally, the most healing touch with the most impact likely came from the third Kitty ... but I'll leave you to meet that darling within the book.

Five stars.
It's available pretty much anywhere, but you can one-click it here for immediate Kindle inspiration.

*My Favorite Quote From The Book*
"I'm not scared. I trust you with my life. I have complete faith that you will be good to me and my life is going to be so much better from here on out."

*More About Michael Meyer*
Facebook / Amazon / Goodreads / Pinterest / Google+

2 comments:

  1. The three kitties and I are both humbled and honored to be here on your wonderful site today. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words are sincere, Mike! Thank you for putting your journey down in print and being willing to share it with the world!

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.