Monday, February 3, 2014

Review: 'Good Side of Sin' by K. S. Haigwood

*About The Book*
Josselyn has just spent the last three months in intense Line of Defense training so she could join Malcolm's search party. Little did she know the archangels had no intention of letting her bring back into Heaven an angel who had opened a portal between Heaven and Hell, at least not before saving God's creation from the tight grasp of Lucifer first.

Three months have passed since the angel Rhyan released nine repented demons from Hell, and now innocent people are dying, but their souls are not going to Heaven. Josselyn's mission is to find the demon responsible for stealing the souls and bring it to justice before Lucifer gains enough power to rise and claim Heaven and earth as his own.

Her whole world is shaken when she discovers what tool Lucifer is using to track down the one key to the release of his eternal damnation. Thoros is one half-souled immortal she prayed she would never see again. The ex-Prince of Lust had stolen her heart and crushed it with a cheeky smile. Now, not only is she being forced to put her damaged ego aside and face the only man that has ever hurt her, but she has to work with him in order to complete her assignment.

Is she strong enough to keep from falling in love with him again? Or is their love the only thing that can keep Lucifer from getting the one thing he wants most? Heaven.

*My Review*
In this third book in the 'Save My Soul' series, like in the second book, there is a healthy balance between revisiting old characters and getting to know new ones. Josselyn is hell-bent on getting assigned to the rescue group searching for Malcolm, and has done everything that's been asked of her. Faced with the idea that she's done it all for nothing and the growing seriousness of the corruption of Heaven, Josselyn sets out on a mission of her own -- to save two of her most precious friends from certain damnation.

But she wasn't counting on the surprise mission she's sent on bringing her back into direct contact with Thoros, the half-souled ex-Prince of Lust. But something is going on, and she's the only one who has what it takes to get to the bottom of it, so she grits her teeth and does the best she can, fighting a certain pull on her heart all the way.

Along her journey, Josselyn soars with the giddy high of complete happiness and you watch her finally learn to trust and embrace the possibility of love. She also plummets to the soul-shaking depth of heartbreak, and you want to cry with her, you want to shake her out of her self-protection and encourage her to keep going. In the end, she's stronger than anyone gave her credit for, and I was glad to see her so handsomely rewarded for her willingness to push on.

This book is in keeping with the conversational style of the series, and though it's a little too casual for me, I have to admit that I am completely in love with the concept of the story and the symbolism craftily woven between the threads of the storyline. I like that the series doesn't actually have to be read all at once, or even in order -- but I do recommend reading them in order for maximum enjoyment. All in all, K. S. Haigwood has written a sweet love story with a lot of deeper hidden meaning and symbolism that really enrich everything that's going on in her world. I'll be looking forward to the fourth book in the series, and you should, too.

4 stars.
If you've taken me up on my recommendation to read books one (Save My Soul, see my review here), and two (Hell's Gift, see my review here) and now you'd like to read the third book in K. S. Haigwood's 'Save My Soul' series, you can one-click it easily on Amazon.

*More About K. S. Haigwood*
Facebook / Amazon / Twitter / Blog

2 comments:

  1. You have an amazing gift for writing reviews! I am thrilled you enjoyed strolling through my world for a while. My characters are smiling, as am I. Thank you so much for the amazing review, Brandi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pleasant read! I'll be waiting for Isaiah's story!!

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.