Friday, December 12, 2014

Review: 'A Girl Called Malice' by Aurelia B Rowl

*About The Book*
It's not easy being the Queen Bee. Alice Taylor should know.

You know that girl. The one that the whole school's social life seems to revolve around. Alice used to be that girl until she decided to quit sixth form college. Suddenly her 'friends' aren't so interested in following her around and her attention-grabbing behaviour is about to get her kicked out of home. With nowhere to go and no one to turn to, her world starts spiralling seriously out of control.

Only new friend Zac Newton seems to believe in her. Lifeguard and poolside hottie, Zac is quite literally her lifesaver. But then, he's never met 'Malice', her mean-girl alter ego, and Alice wants to keep it that way. She knows this is her last chance for a fresh start until her sordid past catches up with her at the worst possible moment.

As everything Alice has worked towards comes crashing down around her, she realises that the hardest thing of all is being yourself ...

(British spellings are used in this blurb, as the author is British.)

*My Review*
In August of this year, I reviewed 'Popping The Cherry', the first book in what is currently called the Popping the Cherry series, and I loved the story. So when an opportunity came up to read and review this second book, I jumped at it (although it did take me some time to actually get around to typing this up).

While I loved Lena in Popping the Cherry, and I especially loved the friends-turned-lovers aspect of that story, I have to say that I really, really loved A Girl Called Malice. I think I was supposed to fully hate Alice after having read her antics in Popping the Cherry, but I didn't - other than a mild dislike, I simply didn't care all that much about her.

But in A Girl Called Malice, I got to know the girl behind the bully. I got to know, and relate to, and fall wildly in love with Alice, the heartbroken young woman hiding her vulnerabilities behind an unshakably bitchy exterior. I cried with her, I laughed at her. I suffered beside her. And so many times, I was so disappointed in her ... because she kept not living up to my hopes for her recovery!

But in the end ... oh, in the end ... well, I can't very well spoil the ending, now can I?

So I'll leave you with this: you *want* to read this book. You *want* to experience the torn and tangle heartstrings. You *want* to experience the ultimate understanding and the best aspects of true and honest friendship with Zac Newton. And you really really *want* to watch Alice learn to stand on her own.

I promise, you'll love her as much as I did. It's a five star read, but only because it couldn't be six.
Give this book a shot - you won't be sorry. You can even one-click it easily on Amazon.

*More About Aurelia B Rowl*
Facebook / Amazon / Twitter / Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.