Thursday, October 1, 2015

Upcoming Release

I've posted lots of different posts in the last few weeks, and I've talked about so many different things! But in the background, I've still been writing and arranging things. So here's a look at what's coming up on my schedule:


In October, I'm having a party on Facebook!
  • The party begins officially on October first, but I've already been posting there and I'm hoping to post at least once daily throughout the month of October. Posts will include trivia about the books and characters, games, photos, excerpts, etc. There will also be occasional giveaways included with the posts, so be sure to join the party as an attendee and check in to the party page often!
  • This party is to celebrate the end of my Amazon-exclusivity and the more widespread availability of the Kingsley in other markets. On October 10th, 20th, and 30th, the first three books (in series order) in the Kingsley Series will be released on iBooks, Nook, Kobo, etc. This will culminate in the November 10th release of the fourth book in the series, More Than Friends.
I'll be signing at Romancing The Smokies on March 19, 2016.
  • This is looking to be an awesome event with lots of great writers, including Tonya Kappes, Destiny Blake, JK Ensley, Mallory Kane, Nancy Naigle, Leanne Tyler and more!
  • There will be a luncheon for VIPs too, and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone there!
  • Entrance to the signing itself is free, but tickets to the meet-and-greet luncheon are available here.
I'm also already starting to plan my five-year author anniversary party!
  • My five year author anniversary will be December 18, 2017, so the party will likely be held on the Saturday prior, December 16th. If all goes well in the planning process, there will be a party with refreshments, music, and fun. I'll also be signing pre-ordered books toward the end of the party itself.
  • The planning process will involve a few different steps, beginning with this form, where YOU can suggest where I hold the party. The next step will involve a poll, where voters will help decide which city is chosen from the suggestion list. Subsequent forms or polls might help decide what refreshments are served, etc. This is not just a party for me, it's a party for you, so let's plan it together!

More Than Friends is in the home stretch!
I've been sick for nearly a week with something that behaved suspiciously like laryngitis. During that week I spent lots of time coughing, spent lots of time sleeping, and ate way more starlight mints than I would have wanted to. I tried several different remedies to hold off the cough, and even had to download a text-to-speech app so that I could talk to my kids (who thought it was hilarious, by the way)! What I didn't do much of was write, but now I'm back in the saddle.

At the moment, the writing aspect of More Than Friends is currently 74 percent finished, and is still on track to be finished on time, though I may have to add a few writing days to the end to make up for being sick. However, this does not hurt the editing process, and More Than Friends will still release on November 10, 2015 as planned! I can't wait for you all to meet and get to know Michael Kingsley! In the meantime, you can find an excerpt here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.