Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Favorites: Lippies

Last July, I posted a "What's In My Bag?" tour, because I so loved those types of videos on YouTube at that time. Before that, I had always known that I had a problem with lip glosses and balms, but I hadn't truly realized until that day how bad it was, and how much it had spread from balms and glosses to actual lipsticks. I actually own over 25 lipsticks now, in a range of brands and types, -mostly in shades of red and reddish-pink, but with more than a few nude shades thrown in for the days when I want lipstick but not color. The crazy thing is, in all of those lip products, I've noticed a definite trend.

Counting the Christmas gift I got from my oldest daughter, I now own four Wet 'N Wild Megaslick BalmStains - and to make it even more crazy, those four lipsticks are in a range of only three colors. These come in twelve colors right now (I think), and they're a beautiful full-coverage color that stains your lips and sticks around. They go on with a smooth glossy feel without being too heavy, I love the roll-up crayon style, and I love the way the colors look with my skin tone and light eyes. I also appreciate that these are not incredibly glossy - I find that too much shine in a lipstick tends to minimize my lips, so I like my lip colors to be mostly matte, which these balmstains perfectly deliver. My one complaint? While these are all deep colors and truly beautiful, they do have a little bit of a neon glow at times as they fade away, and I'll admit that I've caught a shock at the sight of my reflection more than once while wearing these. Fortunately for me, I like a bold lip - knowing that my pout looks perfectly kissable never fails to boost my confidence and jump-start my mood.

The shades I have are shown in the photo graphic, but are also listed (and linked for easy purchasing if you'd like to try them) below:
  • Coral of the Story - a beautiful, bright coral that's just a bit pink against my fair skin. It's a great daytime color, and I'm glad my daughter thought I would like it as a Christmas gift.
  • Rico Mauve - this is the first one that I bought for myself, and it is by far my favorite of my collection. When first applied, the mauve shade gives my complexion just enough pop to feel beautiful, and once set, the stain lasts for hours without need to reapply (this is true for the entire line so far, in my experience), and this stain shade is simply perfect for every wear for me. It's my go-to lipstick, always - and I'm never without it.
  • Red-ioactive - a red that's just shy of being a true red. On my very fair skin tone, this comes off almost perfectly, with just the right pinkness, just the right boldness, and just the right amount of brazen fire. It's a great color for going out, for a night on a town, or for a date where you want to make an extra-bold impression. Personally? I'll even be bold enough to bust this bad boy out right in the middle of the afternoon. Sometimes a girl just needs a sassy lip, doesn't she?
My recommendation is that you treat yourself (or your wife/girlfriend, mother, sister, or friend) and pick one of these up - I assure you, it will be worth it. And in the meantime, tell me in the comments: What's your favorite lip product?


40 comments:

  1. These look lovely! I rarely wear lipstick since it tends to get everywhere whenever I do. (My glass. My children's cheeks. Myself.) I do have one from CoverGirl though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that once this one sets, the color sticks around without the lipstick spreading all over. That's my favorite thing about a lipstain - staying power without messy spreading.

      Delete
  2. I love this colors. My favorite lip product is Elizabeth Arden lip gloss in Precious Petal, nuber 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one but it looks like a great nude!

      Delete
  3. These are such pretty colours! My favourite lip product at the moment is a lovely lip balm by Ellovi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any Ellovi products - what's your favorite thing about their balm?

      Delete
  4. These look like lovely colors! I don't really wear many lip products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't usually either - before these. I was a lip smacker and/or carmex girl for the longest because I hated the way lipstick faded so quickly and ended up all over my drink glass instead of my lips. But these stains? I love them!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They really are, and I love how they look against my skin.

      Delete
  6. Nice colors, to be honest I have never been a fan of wet and wild, I used to buy it though when I was in high school many many years ago. I do like the lippies color pallet will have to check out may change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are beautiful and the formula is beautifully smooth. I prefer drugstore brands usually because I don't like spending a lot of money on products - but these are well worth the few dollars they cost.

      Delete
  7. I love lipsticks! And in love with all those colors! Thank you for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they truly are my favorites! I never even leave the house without them.

      Delete
  8. Love all the different shades! They are perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, and I love warm berry shades like these.

      Delete
  9. I was just looking at lipstick yesterday. I have a basket full of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! I love the variety of colors and looks, and how they can be fun to play with without any commitment.

      Delete
  10. I grew up using Wet 'N Wild because their products were affordable for a teenager. I haven't used them for a while, but now I'll have to give them another look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them - these stains are great products and inexpensive too, which is my favorite combo!

      Delete
  11. I am always so amused at what's in other people's purses. I am always telling my girls what should be in their bags and mind you they barely carry them on a regular basis. I have acquired a bunch of lip colors. I don't think you can have too much. Theres so many shades and types they don't count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just find it so interesting to see what other people find important enough to carry with them! And of course, it's the best way to find a girl's favorite lip color - because if she can't leave home without it, you know she loves it!

      Delete
  12. I haven't tried the Balm Stain by WnW yet. The shades look pretty. My current favorite lip product has to be from Colourpop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Colorpop but I definitely recommend these balmstains. They're so long lasting too!

      Delete
  13. I am in the market for some new lipstick so this is most timely! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these definitely won't disappoint.

      Delete
  14. They do sound like awesome lip products. I think it's great that you're able to get different shades, you can wear them on different occasions! These days I prefer lipstains over lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - they look great and they last so much longer than regular lipstick!

      Delete
  15. Love all the bright hues of pink! These will be perfect shades headed into spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do well for me in any season - they sit well next to both lighter and darker shades which is perfect for a low maintenance girl like me.

      Delete
  16. The only things that I put on my face when I leave the house are lipstick and eyeliner. I love buying lipsticks that are light on the lips. These are perfect for everyday use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are perfect for everyday - these are my go-to makeup.

      Delete
  17. I might take myself on a trip with that Red-ioactive. The middleground between red and pink suits me better than the rest. Plus, I like the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - the name of it totally made me giggle to myself in the store, and played a huge part in my deciding that I WAS going to try it. I'm glad I did, because I love the way it looks on me.

      Delete
  18. These are all great choices for lips! My favorite is Colour Pop Ultra matte and their lippie stix :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love pretty much anything matte, too ... matte color is my favorite after stains. I'm finding that as I get older, shiny color on my lips seems to make them appear smaller and just - well, not good. But matte lip colors still work well on me, which is nice when I want something other than my balmstains.

      Delete
  19. Looks like some great choices. I think those would all look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.