Monday, January 30, 2017

Man Crush Monday: Jamie Fraser


Ahh, Jamie Fraser. The man of legend, the kilted lord of fantasy for millions of women all over the world.


The man who always figures things out just in time, who thinks in flashes of brilliance and wavers beautifully from driven fighter to tender lover in mere moments.


Jamie Fraser, he of the red hair, of the piercing blue eyes, of the scarred and battle-worn body given so willingly to any cause deemed worthy of his blood. Jamie Fraser, the wounded man first met in the pages of a book called Outlander.


 If you know the show, you'll know him in your heart to have the same likeness as the roguishly handsome Sam Heughan - they'll have blended together seamlessly for you, as Sam is such a perfect portrayal of Jamie. From the Scottish accent and heritage to the fierce-tender combo, to the striking good looks, he shows off everything that Jamie is written to be.

Jamie Fraser. He's protector to his loved ones, his people. His friends, his family.


And his wife, the woman he loves with an unshakable loyalty today's woman only dream of. He suffers to protect her name, to protect her honor, to ensure her safety, to see her provided for, her needs met, and her heart nurtured.


The Outlander series follows him into middle age, where he's done things he's ashamed of, had to adjust and change with the times, had to pick up and start over again more times than any man would care to - and has loved so beautifully through it all. Not only his wife - which is enough to make any woman swoon - but also his children, both natural and adopted. He loves the tenants of his land, the friends he's made over the years, the sister he holds so dear to his own heart. The brother-in-law who is his best friend and one of his most trusted confidantes.

By the end of the series (not counting the book which is currently being written), he is a savvy businessman, an educated politician, a decorated war hero, a proud father and grandfather. But aside from all of those things, he's loyal, he's trustworthy, he's gentle and kind, he's merciful. He's strong, and willing to sacrifice, he's steady and dependable. He's a man unafraid of knowledge and entirely comfortable with books. He learns readily, soaking up information, storing it effortlessly, using it to benefit those in his charge. He sees that his people never go without, sees that all is well for them, and believes in those he trusts to return the favor.

He's strong enough for anyone to lean on, willing to help carry any burden, and never backs down from someone who needs him - but he's not afraid to be vulnerable in his own right either, which is both admirable and adorable. He's beautiful, he's smart.

He's poetic.

But beyond all that, the thing that makes him so utterly perfect is that he stays always exactly the man you expected him to be. And I think we can all use a little of that from time to time. For me, that time is today - so I'm going to take a break from working so hard. While my kids are in school, I'm going to shut down and diconnect, unplug from the world and spend some time curled up in bed, just me and my fuzzy dog, a good warm blanket, a hot cup of coffee, and an even hotter Kindle, filled with Outlander books. I'm calling it a mental health day, and I intend to enjoy every second of it.

I hope you have a spectacular Monday! I know I will.


Questions for the Comments Section:
  • Have you read Outlander? Why or why not?
  • If you have read it, are you as utterly obsessed as I am? Or are you crazy do you dislike the books?
  • If you dislike them, why?

46 comments:

  1. I've never read Outlander but I've heard about it. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it. I know many of my friends are huge fans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying out, because this series really has something for every reader. There's adventure, romance, history, fantasy. It's an amazing series and Diana Gabaldon is an incredible talent.

      Delete
  2. I want to know this Jamie Fraser guy he sounds like an absolute dream and he is so compassionate. Hope you get to disconnect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about Outlander but have never read it. If you have a #mcm on this, then it must be a good read! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely a great read! I've actually been reading and rereading these books for over five years now - they're like the book version of comfort food for me. I'll just settle in to read whichever one I'm currently on whenever I have time or a bad day, or when I'm between other books, and when I get to the end of the series, I go back to the beginning and begin again.

      Delete
  4. Looks like I've got something new to watch! I've never heard of that character before, but I googled him and he is really good-looking!:P I'm gonna find out if he is as nice as you said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely is! The whole series is spectacular, and the story is one of those timeless great stories that'll fit anyone. And the casting for the show has largely been spot-on as well.

      Delete
  5. I haven't ever watched this series. I am in need of a new false character to lust after, so I may have to read and watch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the third quote the most!These are perfect for valentines day coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and I know everyone so loves 50 Shades, but ... well, I just don't. I can't. They're gross.

      Delete
  7. This is the first I've heard of it. However, it sounds like they build him up to be every good thing any man is striving towards all rolled into one... I wouldn't expect to meet a man like this anytime soon LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely a great man. He's flawed though, and he messes up or acts stupid out of pride just like any other real person would, and I think that's what makes him such a personal character. He's extremely well-written, and that makes him all the more beautiful because even his flaws become poetic in a way that doesn't always apply to real life.

      Delete
  8. The ecards were so funny. Sounds like a dreamy character. Have to check out the outlander series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's absolutely dreamy. Glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard about it, but it seems funny and unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has its funny moments - and it's definitely unique.

      Delete
  10. Jaime is definitely more than eye candy. He loves hard, which is sexy as hell!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never Heard about him before, but sounds really interesting ha! thanks for sharing!

    "MaryAnne"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've already heard about it from my cousin who was a huge fan. She actually has that blue and red book if I am not mistaken. Maybe one time I can borrow one of her collection so I can start knowing about Jamie Fraser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely recommend it. Like right now. Today.

      Delete
  13. Really cool pictures!!!!! Great way of telling the story1 Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read the Outlander, but if I do read it, I will definitely remember this article of yours! I don't dislike reading books, but my excuse for not reading books right now is that I'm a full time dad and I prefer to catch up on sleep more than spending time reading books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To some degree, I'm right there with you. I'm a single mom, but reading is a release for me. I like to spend a few minutes reading each day if I can. I don't always get to, but I try.

      Delete
  15. Funny, I've never heard of this man! He is dreamy though, thank you for putting him into my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, you needed it. Everyone needs Jamie Fraser in their life.

      Delete
  16. This looks like it would be something great to read. I am going to have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never read outlander but I have heard of it. And from the sound of this post, it looks like a great read. might have to get round to reading it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely a great read. I think everyone should at least try it.

      Delete
  18. I've never heard outlander before, but it looks really fascinating to read it, I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard about this and it sounds like a good and interesting read. Glad you share this

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen Outlander, but your description makes it sound like a good show. I love a good romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely both of those things - a good show, and a VERY good romance.

      Delete
  21. I've heard so much about this show and the reviews have been coming out great! Sadly, I am not familiar with Jamie Fraser but it would be nice to get to know him. I'd like to see the show soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you aren't familiar with Jamie, I recommend you get familiar. You won't be sorry - he's a dream!

      Delete
  22. haha, love the memes. they are perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for all those updated I will check them one by one to see what is new to watch ,thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.