Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday Thrills: Avon Prima

For a long time, one of my most favorite things in the world to pamper myself with has been Scarlet Blossom body wash by Caress. The scent is a mix of sweetness and exotic spice; it's heady and lush and indulgent with a thick, smooth formula. The soap itself is a beautiful deep red color, and it foams up in the most satisfying way. The smell lasts for hours on my skin too, and it even makes a wonderfully indulgent bubble bath (if you pour a good bit in as the water's running).

Truly, if this scent came in a lotion, a perfume, a shampoo/conditioner set, a freaking laundry soap scent ... I'd be all over it in about three seconds flat. This is the smell I most wish for when I want something erotic or exciting, something fancy or special, something ... pampered.

I currently have a bottle with just a little left in it, and while I haven't gotten anymore yet (because it's no longer in stores), I'm sure at some point I'll give in to the temptation to order it - this is my most favorite scented body product ever, and I will always want more of this. But, because it's such a special thing for me and so very pampering, I generally have a range of other body wash types and scents available in the shower, depending on what my skin most needs at the moment, what's on sale, and what scents I'm loving most in the moment.

Still, I'll admit that I live under a constant cloud of fear that this scent will go totally unavailable - it's already not carried in stores, and that loss of convenience broke my heart when it first happened years ago. Over the course of the last few years, it's become harder and harder to find in stores - although it is still available on Amazon.

But ... what about when it isn't anymore, right? Because it is my most favorite ever. Like, ever ever.

So I needed something new, something else. Something that would help ease my broken, shattered little soul in the event that Caress really does totally discontinue this soap that I so love. And I've found it.

And it happened by accident, just like all the best things do.

Many of you have heard enough about my cousin/bestie/editor so much on this blog that some of you have actually come to feel that you know her. Well now, in addition to being a brand new wife to the kind of husband women all over the world wish for, mother to the cutest little rowdy guy ever, and on-call indisposable EVERYTHING to helpless little me, she's gone into business for herself! Last month, Dana set out to become an Avon rep, and it didn't take her long to get off to a great start. Part of that start was getting to know her mentor and helping her out a bit too, which included sharing a post on Facebook about a body scent collection called Prima. Dana's mentor had a couple of sets in her inventory and was looking to downsize, so ... well, long story short, I ended up with a set of Avon's Prima scented body products.

The scent isn't quite the same straight Patchouli flavor that I love so much with Caress's Scarlet Blossom Body Wash, but the perks of my new love more than make up for what I lose out on. Avon's Prima scent comes in several different products, which really appeals to the part of me that loves all things matching. My kit came with a 6.7 ounce tube of body wash, a matching lotion, and a full-size 1.7 ounce bottle of perfume. The best part is that this scent is just like me - bold, full-bodied, and beautiful.

Great for daily use but also strong enough to be any bold woman's signature scent, Avon's Prima is described in this way on their website: "Prima opens with lush top notes of plum, balancing its sweetness with a hint of tangy bergamot. Next, it unfolds to reveal a rich heart of intoxicating rose, a stunning blossom with ruffled pink petals that echo the folds of a dancer’s skirt. Finally, there’s a jeté torich clearwood, reminiscent of the satiny barres in a ballet studio, the woodsy note comes alive on skin, melding with oak moss and patchouli for a warm, poetically graceful finish."

Doesn't that just sound heavenly? It certainly did to me - and I can vouch that the Prima line smells just as heavenly as it sounds.

Interested in trying it for yourself? Just in case you didn't already know, Avon has gone high-tech, and you can now order these classic quality products right online! Dana even has her own online storefront, which you can check out here - and if you'd like to get straight to the goods, you can find the entire Prima line here.

And now I'm off to take a blissfully and luxuriously scented shower (after which, I'll probably walk around sniffing myself all day long).



Questions for the Comments Section:

  • Do you love scented body products as much as I do - and if so, which ones?

40 comments:

  1. The packaging is very feminine. It will look pretty in any bathroom. Thank you for visiting me on www.igaberry.com Best Wishes and a Happy New Year, Iga x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it smells amazing too. It'll probably be my new favorite since it comes in a set. Happy New Year to you too - and all the best in 2017!

      Delete

  2. I just moved to an other place and I noticed that my body skin becomes too dry, I think it is due to the Water, usually i don't need any lotion, a good body wash is enough
    but now I just started looking for a lotion,thank you for this article I will look for it in malls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you'll find it in malls because Avon usually sells through a rep. But you can order it and have it shipped directly to your door here: https://www.avon.com/product/avon-prima-eau-de-parfum-56640?rep=danellewoods

      Delete
  3. I have always loved Avon products. I have to try this for sure the next time I place an order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Avon products. They've never let me down! Thanks for sharing about it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - and if you need a good rep, I've got you covered. ;-)

      Delete
  5. These look like great products. I know the Avon brand is usually pretty awesome so I'd try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love arbonne! I wearing at least three of the products today! Lotion mascara and cc cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of their products yet, but they look amazing! I'd be willing to try them, if the opportunity presented.

      Delete
  7. Oooo thes woroducts sound fabulous!!! My mom is a avon obsessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried either product. They sound amazing. It is always such a bummer when things aren't in stores anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I get so attached to my favorites so it's always a huge letdown when they discontinue something I love.

      Delete
  9. You know the product is awesome when you walk away sniffing yourself. LOL I'm going to have to try that Caress, but I'm afraid to get hooked if it is going away. :-) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I gave the Avon recommendation. It's amazing that that it comes in a set too, so when the perfume from the soap wears off, there's still the lotion and/or the perfume!

      Delete
  10. I used to like Avon's products a lot. Maybe I need to get these products to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them - and this Prima smells so amazing!

      Delete
  11. I really love to have all things matching too! I haven't used any Avon products in a long time, but it certainly brings back memories of when the Avon ladies used to actually come to your door when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still come to your door, depending on how far it is. But I love so much that they have online sales now - so much easier, and it allows Avon women to build bigger businesses for their families.

      Delete
  12. Yaay for your cousin. I have never used avon products, I see them around though. Maybe it's time to start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm proud of her - she's super introverted, so for her to get into a sales business is crazy cool. Plus, I love that I can watch her succeed; my cousin is an amazing person so it's great to see her doing so well.

      Definitely give Avon a try - you can use any of the Avon links in my post to purchase directly from my cousin, AND you can even order the products shipped to your house!

      Delete
  13. Yes, I love scented products, but I don't have a favorite (maybe lavender?). Perhaps I should start noticing the scents I like and take note of what they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing what you like best definitely makes it easier to choose something that fits you well. I found patchouli by accident - I used to know a girl who always smelled like it, but I couldn't place what it was. Spicy, sexy, exotic ... Finally I asked her what it was and she told me she would put patchouli oil in her laundry.

      Patchouli by itself is a bit much for me these days, though - I like it best when it's paired with something sweet like berries or other fruity scents.

      Delete
  14. I haven't used Avon's products for a long while. Makes me want to try their body wash. Always love a good scented smell on my bath products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it - it's truly amazing. It feels luxurious in the shower too, and lathers up nicely. Now I'm using my Caress stuff as my daily product and saving my Avon Prima for special pamper days.

      Delete
  15. I'm not sure that I've ever smelled Scarlet Blossom but I'm glad you now have another option! And one that I'm sure makes your best friend happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that Scarlet Blossom one is amazing - I still can't figure out what moron at Caress decided to retire that scent. Even when it wasn't discontinued it was hard to find in stores because it was often sold out. Makes no sense to me, to discontinue a product that people love. But hey, that's why I'm a writer, I guess.

      In the meantime, Avon is picking up the slack, so I'm happy.

      Delete
  16. My mom is a fan of avon products. Im not really into products at all. I guess i prefer a mint body wash. Whatever is on sale really and what my husband would like to smell like aswell. So either lemon or mint smells we tend go for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely a little different if you're looking for something that works for a man AND a woman together. I'm not sure any man would like to smell like this particular perfume - not that it's super girly, mind you, but it certainly isn't super manly.

      Delete
  17. I have found some really good scents from Avon. They do have some good products that I have bought in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried several of their products before and liked them - but this is by far the best Avon I've ever had. Just smelling it makes me a little happy.

      Delete
  18. oh I have the new Avon book here so going to take a look for it as sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go ahead, order a few bottle online. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan! At least then if it gets discontinued or something, I've got some I can wean myself off with!

      Delete
  20. I really love using avon products I always order to my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.