Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Truthful Tuesday: Four Truths & A Lie, Part II

Last week, I invited you to play a game with me, a game in which I told you five statements about myself. One of those statements, I said, would be a lie - and your guess about which statement was the untruth would be your ticket to a chance to win a $10 Amazon giftcard. But first, I gave you a warning, a warning that turned out to be very necessary.

What was the warning? Well, it was:



And just to recap, the five statements given in this game were:
  1. I've written eight books.
  2. I can't get drunk even if I try.
  3. I have Heterochromia Iridum.
  4. I won a hula hooping contest when I was in high school.
  5. I got out of a ticket once by using someone else's name.

There were some funny guesses for this game, both in the rafflecopter entries and in the actual post comments. It was funny to look not only at the answers given as guesses in this game, but at the reasons people gave for their answers. There were a good number of correct guesses - and just as many incorrect ones, because I tried to think of statements that all sounded like they'd be perfect lies. It was really fun to think of the statements for this game, and it was equally fun asking my kids for their input on what sorts of statements I should use.

But really, what we're all here for today is the breakdown of which were true and which one was the lie - right? So here we go:
  1. I've written eight books. TRUE. You can find out more about my books and my writing here.
  2. I can't get drunk even if I try. TRUE. I did try a few years ago, just to see if I could. I had noticed in the months and years leading up to that, that when I drink wine, beer, shots, mixed drinks, etc., that I rarely even get a good buzz. So I set out to get full-on, completely drunk, which is undoubtedly a stupid experiment, but I did it nonetheless. And while I did FINALLY get a buzz after the third strong Long Island Iced Tea, the next three STILL didn't have me anything more than buzzed. And I wasn't exactly sipping slowly, either. I can also drink wine by the liter when I want to, with no other effect than a sense of sleepy relaxation that sets in after the second glass but doesn't get any worse with additional glasses. Ironically, this has actually led to me drinking less. I drink wine maybe twice a week at the most often, and once glass before bed is enough to help me get to sleep. I rarely drink more than that these days, because what's the point?
  3. I have Heterochromia Iridum. TRUE. This is really just a fancy way of saying that my eyes aren't both the same color. The effect is somewhat less pronounced these days than it used to be, but I have one eye that's pretty clear blue, and one that's a little more greenish-blue, with a bit of hazely greenish-brown surrounding the pupil. Some people have this to a much greater extent, such as Kate Bosworth - mine is more along the subtle lines of the way it effects Mila Kunis's eye colors.
  4. I won a hula hooping contest when I was in high school. FALSE. Even when I was a skinny little girl with tons of energy and exactly the "right" shape, for some reason, I could never keep a hula hoop from falling. I could do it on my wrists, or on my neck, or even on my ankle ... but I could never ever do it at the waist. I still can't.
  5. I got out of a ticket once by using someone else's name. TRUE. I'll keep this story to myself though - at least for now. But if you really want a story about me in my troublemaker days, feel free to check this one out.

And now, with the question of the day answered and behind us, who won the contest? Who gets the giftcard? The answer to that question, my friends, is in the Rafflecopter below.


Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter this contest, and who made the extra effort to help me share it around!



Questions for the Comments Section:
  • Were you surprised about which statement was a lie?
  • Were any of my statements true for you?

24 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great game to play. It also looks like you had some fun with it great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Stacy! And I sucked at hula hooping too! I was just a stick and it would fall down :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those things are a lot harder than some people think.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great game! People who can hula hoop are very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! My oldest can do it while dancing, walking, whatever - she's like a pro. But my youngest inherited hula hoop incompetence from her mother, poor kid.

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I think I guessed wrong. I also stink at hula hooping. Congrats to the winner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those hula hoops are tricksy, that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. I thought it would be the drunk one x'D I'm laughing at this cause I guessed wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people thought that was the one. I'll agree, it sounds the most untrue. But nope, it's true.

      Delete
  6. I STINK at hula hooping! I can't do it to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. They can go ahead and just off me, because me trying to hula hoop for my life would just be wasting everyone's time.

      Delete
  7. All great 'lie' statements! Definitely did well in choosing those ones for the game. Would have never have guessed it would be the hula hooping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hula hoop hullllaaa hooop. haha sorry. Not great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Brandi, sounds like a fun game. Unfortunately I cannot answer your questions because I did not read your last week's post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't recall if I guessed it right! This is a very fun game to be honest. I hope you host more games like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe I'll do one next month if I can come up with something.

      Delete
  11. It's a fun game! I thought #2 is FALSE! Wahhh I can't handle the truth! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!

REAL CHARACTERS. HONEST LOVE. BRANDI KENNEDY BOOKS.