In January 2017, I started to increase my efforts to build this site as a lifestyle blog, and I also began increasing my efforts to monetize the site in general. The fall of 2016 was also the fall of my rocky relationship with my kids's dad - and as I embarked on my journey as a single mother, the need to increase my earnings, as well as the desire to grow as an entrepreneur, encouraged me to begin following a path that would add this blog to my list of small passive sources of income.
Already, I make small incomes from each of my books, my Patreon sponsors, and my stock dividend growth - but unfortunately, none of those incomes were enough to support my family. Those incomes combined weren't enough either, and so I chose to activate Google Adsense on this site, which has helped some as the website grew - and it is my most fervent dream that these small streams will grow steadily until they become enough.
In the meantime, I'm also opening this site to sponsored and affiliate-supported posts, so I thought I should introduce what that means for the site in general.
Although I love the idea of getting paid to blog, I don't love it enough to sacrifice my personal sense of integrity. Thus, I am accepting proposals to sponsor posts about products and companies, but my posts will always be 100% honest. I won't push a company I don't believe in, and I won't promote a product I don't genuinely love. That being said, I'm generally pretty easy to please, so if you're interested in sponsoring a post on this site by means of compensation or the provision of product samples, please contact me by sending an email to email@example.com or by shipping your product or sample directly to me at the address listed below. Please note that my receipt of your product does not guarantee that I will write about it - or that I will write about it favorably.
P.O. Box 12035
Knoxville, TN 37912
In addition to accepting opportunities for sponsorship as a way to fund this blog and support my family, I am also learning to have fun with affiliate sales and promotions. Below, you'll find a list of the companies I've chosen to work with, as well as any active discount codes associated with my affiliations.
- Dress Lily - Dress to Express!
- Fashion To Figure - Plus Sized Fashions (Sizes 12-26)
- Gwynnie Bee - Quality plus size clothing without the commitment! Give Mom the Gift of Gwynnie Bee: Receive $10 off Gifting Subscriptions. Valid now-4/27.
- Jelly Belly - Celebrate National Jelly Bean Day With 15% Off Sitewide + Free Shipping $29+! Code BEAN17. Valid 4/18/17 - 4/25/17.
- Lane Bryant - 10% off at Lane Bryant! Online only with code APR10AFFLB, valid 4/8-5/5
- the Lighter Side Co. - Novelty clothing and gift items. Special offer: Get 10% off orders over $50 at LighterSide.com use code LSSAVE100317H
- Misfit - Stylish activity and sleep trackers.
- Mrs. Fields Gifts
- the Popcorn Factory - 20% off Holiday Gifts with Coupon Code LS15
- Strike Force Energy - 20% Off Discount Code: AFLBRANDI8634
- Zazzle - Personalized Clothing and Gifts