Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Summer Sun Award!

A few days ago, I woke up to find a little notification on my phone, letting me know I'd been tagged for a Summer Sun award by Aurelia B. Rowl, who is a total sweetheart for thinking of me! She's gearing up to start hyping a new book AND she's planning to skydive for charity! Awesome huh?

As part of the process, I'll be answering a few summer-themed questions, and then I'm going tag/challenge some other authors to participate! 

*****
Favorite song with "summer" in the title or lyrics:
I love this question ... there are so many great summer songs, and I am one of those people who loves music in such a wild way. It might surprise you then, that my song for this question, the first song that came to my mind was a Kid Rock song. Now, I know a lot of people out there really love him and his music, but I generally don't. I'm sorry, Kid Rock-ers, but I just can't get into his hippy-rocker-country man combo thing over the years ... I just can't. But I love "All Summer Long." I can't help it.

Favorite book about summer:
Just This Once, by Rosalind James.
This book was so fun to read, and even though it wasn't really "about" summer, it definitely had an active, sunshine, summery feel. For me, at least.

Favorite hot summer film:
And it's not just about summer, either ... this is among my top ten favorite movies. Of. All. Time.

Favorite Summer Memory:
I'm not sure I have a favorite summer memory ... I'm not generally a summer person. Typically, I prefer the milder temperatures of Spring and Fall, but if I had to have a favorite summer memory, it'd have to a collection. A few summers ago, I used to spend a lot of time driving back and forth to my cousin's house with the kids. We'd have a mostly quiet drive there, a good long day playing in the sun, and then a long drive back home where my oldest daughter and I would have lots of long and serious talks while her little sister slept off the sun exposure. Those drives were good for my soul, and the times spent with my cousin watching our kids begin to grow up together are among my favorites.

Favorite Summer Holiday Destination:
We aren't big travelers because it's expensive, but I grew up in Florida, so I think my ideal summer destination would always involve the ocean. There's just something about the beach that brings peace to me.

What Books Will Be In Your Suitcase This Summer?
Most likely, the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. I have literally read the entire series several times, but am currently rereading the books in impatient anticipation of the next book coming out soon.

What's Your Likely Destination This Summer?
As mentioned above, we don't travel very much, and living in Knoxville keeps us away from the beach for long periods of time. That said, my family does enjoy the local sights when we can. For the most part though, my "destination" is my laptop. I'll be working on finishing Fighting For Freedom and getting it released, moving into Wrestling Harmony, which is book three in the Kingsley Series, and then I have a few other projects lined up and patiently waiting.

What hottie would you most like to be sharing the hot days and long nights with this summer?
Oh, wow, talk about a hard question!
But the first one who came to mind was the undeniably delicious Jensen Ackles.


But should he find himself unavailable, Jared Padaleki wouldn't be a waste of either, eh girls?

*****

And that's it, my summertime favorites!
For my nominees, the rules are:

1.Display the summer sun logo and link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions as listed above.
3. Nominate 8 people to participate, one for each ray of the sun on the logo.
Good luck!

My nominees are a little short of eight because a lot of the people I know have already been tagged, but my nominees are:

and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!