50 Random Things About Me, Part 3
- I am FRAGILE. Seriously, handle with care. Because in the spring of 2012, I broke my foot just by walking. I stepped my right foot over a baby gate, then stepped my left foot over - and I ended up somehow breaking the fifth metatarsal of my left foot. Until that point though, I'd never broken anything. Hey, I made it to 28 years old though ...
- I have two brothers. One is older, one is younger, and I am almost exactly seven years in the middle.
- I'm almost painfully shy in new situations, and because of this I tend to end up accidentally looking standoffish. I've even backed out of doing things or going places because I was so anxious about the idea of being there and interacting with people I didn't know.
- When I was really little, I was riding my bike and forgot how to work the brakes. They were the kind where you had to push the pedals backward, and I couldn't remember how to stop. I ended up having to stop by running into a tree and crashing my bike.
- I'm more than a little bit OCD. When I hang or fold clothes, they have to be a certain way. If someone else does it for me, I will thank them for their help - but then when they aren't looking, I will almost always quietly redo the job. I also like to keep CD's and DVD's organized alphabetically (so I can find what I'm looking for, of course), and my kitchen cupboards usually look like store shelves with all the cans sorted and stacked and facing forward (also for ease of finding things). Most of this can be passed off as just being organized ... but I do also have an odd thing about even numbers for things like volume and stuff. Example: when I order chicken nuggets and they come in a five-pack, I will give one away instead of eating it.
- My dream vacation is a year-long, world-wide cruise. But only if there's a way for me to take my cell phone because ...
- I am addicted to my technology. I'm on my cell phone constantly, and I use my bluetooth so much that I literally only take it out of my ear to sleep, shower, or charge it. I've even forgotten I had it on and accidentally worn it into the shower. I cried.
- Before I had my oldest daughter, I had my belly button pierced. I had to take it out when I realized that I was pregnant; the change in my body shape was causing the piercing to not heal properly.
- I have the strangest dreams sometimes. Once, I dreamed that it was the apocalypse and I was with a bunch of friends, trying to find a place to hide safely from the government. Which might only have been "odd" - until you consider the fact that we were all various characters from My Little Ponies. My cousin Dana (who is also my editor) was Apple Jack.
- Speaking of Dana, since she lives in a small (REALLY SMALL) town in a county that's kind of backwoods (and she loves it) but I'm thoroughly a big city girl at heart, we have always had a running joke where she is "Country Mouse" and I am "City Mouse." I love that we have this difference between us, because it gives us balance.
...To Be Continued...
If you're enjoying my facts, tell me one of yours in the comments. I'd love to hear something unique about you!