Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wrestling Harmony Is LIVE, and I am celebrating!!

Yesterday was a crazy day full of excitement for me! Around noon yesterday, I took the final steps to publish Wrestling Harmony, the third book in the Kingsley Series. And then began the waiting, for Amazon to approve the files and publish the book for purchase.

I needed something to do, something to distract me from constantly checking to see if Wrestling Harmony had gone live yet, so I thought, "Hey, I'll just have a peek and see how my Fat Chance FREE Promo is going."

And then this happened.
11/15/2013

Let me just say that at this point, I was adequately distracted. This has only happened to me once before, when I ran a free promo for Selkie (09/21/2103), which made it to
#17 in KindleStore/KindleEBooks/Literature&Fiction/Fantasy/FairyTales
#21 in KindleStore/KindleEBooks/Literature&Fiction/WorldLiterature/Mythology
and #1643 Free in Kindle Store.

I was excited that day, too, but Fat Chance has now completely surpassed those numbers. Just watch.
When I first saw this, I was with my cousin Dana - most of you know that she is also my main proofreader/editor. I seriously started squeaking incoherently, and then it took us a while to stop laughing at me before I could tell her what I'd seen.

And then ...

I write for the love of writing, for the thrill and the adventure of the story. I write because it's a part of who I am, and I've been writing since long before I got brave enough to share my words with the world. But it's like being an artist - when you spend your time putting your heart into something that comes straight from the depths of your soul, you can't help but hope that what you've done will touch someone else the way it touches you. That's why this one made me squeak a little, too. I broke the top 1000 free.

And then I broke the top 500 free, made it to the first page of the top 100 in ContemporaryFiction/Romance and broke the top 100 in Romance/Contemporary. I cried.

And this is the last time I checked before going to bed, growing closer to the top 100 free, almost into the top ten in ContemporaryFiction/Romance and close to the top 50 in Romance/Contemporary.

And then I woke up to this.

So I made Fat Chance free for today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!