Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Updates for RTS16

2016 has begun, and with it, the countdown to March 19th.

On March 19th, I'll be one very busy little author; I'll be spending the afternoon dolled up and schmoozing some of my most well-loved readers at Romancing The Smokies. The event will be hosted by the lovable Donna Wright, the voice behind the Hummingbird Place radio show (BlogTalk Radio -- the Hummingbird Place is your home for romance).

Everything I've heard so far promises that this will be an absolutely amazing afternoon for all involved! The lineup of authors for this event is even the teensiest bit star studded, with several best sellers in attendance and at least one author planning to write a special edition book JUST for the attending readers at her table (no, it isn't me -- I have something else planned. Want to find out what it is and score an awesome gift put together exclusively for the readers attending at my table? Register here for just $39.99 USD while seats last.)

So, who all is coming? Featured authors at the event include Leanne Tyler, Nancy Naigle, Suzan Tizdale, Trista Ann Michaels, Hallee Bridgeman, Shannon West, Sandy Sullivan, JK Ensley, and myself. Other sponsoring (and signing) authors include Juli Alexander, Kate McKeever, Lexi Witcher, Carolynn Carey, Mallory Kane, Debra Parmley, Kris Nacol, Vicki Vaught, and Andrea Renee Smith. Tonya Kappes will be the keynote speaker for the event, and I'm so excited to meet her and hear what she'll have to say!

Really though, you guys probably already knew most of that if you've been following me for very long, so let me go ahead and answer a few other questions that I may not have addressed in this post.

This event is pretty innovative and unlike most other events I've heard of, and I truly love the concept. (I'm secretly already hoping I'll get to say I'm also attending RTS17, and no one is even sure there will be one yet!) However, because it's different there have been lots of questions about what to expect and how the actual event will pan out. Let me start us off with the schedule for the event day:
  • 11 am -- Doors Open to Lunch Guests
  • 12 noon -- Official Welcome 
  • 12:15 pm -- The Luncheon Begins
  • 1 pm -- Keynote Speaker Tonya Kappes
  • 2-4 pm -- Book Signing and Gift Baskets (This part is totally free to attend.)

The luncheon is an elegant fanfare where you'll have a chance to really get to know the author you came to see -- before they go into work mode for the book signing. Each table will be comprised of one featured author, two other sponsoring authors, and five VIP guests, each place setting complete with a VIP appreciation gift from the featured author. During the luncheon, you'll have time to chat and ask questions about your author, their books, their lives, whatever -- it's your chance to get up close and personal. Then you can stick around after the luncheon for a chance to purchase books from your favorite authors (or feel free to bring your own prepurchased books along to be signed at the event). During the signing, you'll have a chance to meet and chat with all of the attending authors from the event, chat with the other attending guests, and maybe even win a door prize gift basket.

I can't wait to meet my readers there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!