Friday, June 10, 2016

What's So Special About Saturdays?

In my last post, I wrote about being overwhelmed and a little worn out with my social media obligations, and I shared with you some changes in my scheduling. So far, those changes have made a remarkable difference in my time and productivity, and now I'm feeling much less obligated when I'm interacting online. It's beginning to be fun again, which was something I was sad to have lost - and I'm excited to be carrying these changes into my blog schedule.

For a while now, I've been blogging every "fifth" day; every 5th, 10th, 15th, etc., and each new blog post has been set-up to send automatically to my newsletter subscribers, so they never have to remember to come check the site. But the irregular days have led to a little confusion among subscribers, and more than a little scrambling for me on occasions when I'm not paying close enough attention to the date -"Wait, what?! It's the tenth already?!"

So I've been thinking I'll change it up a bit - blog on a day instead of a date, you know? It'll be easier scheduling for me, and it'll feel more regular and dependable for you. At least, that's the idea.

You'll still be getting the same content, direct from my hands to your screen - but now, I'll be waiting anxiously each Saturday morning for you to wake up and have morning coffee with me.

I love so many things about Saturdays; the blissful luxury of sleeping in, the smooth rich creaminess of an unrushed cup of iced caramel macchiato (without needing to hustle the girls off to school), and the promise of a weekend day - even if I have every intention of working that day away. But now, I can love Saturdays even more, knowing that I'm starting each Saturday with you.

Except for this Saturday of course, because that's just tomorrow - so I'll wait and see you next week instead.

Until next Saturday,
Happy Reading,
B.

P.S. Check out this post from today in my blog history. I'm thinking of doing this again; leave me a comment if you'd like me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!