Saturday, October 1, 2016

Boy, Do I Have News.

For all the things I need to tell you all, this is still somehow probably going to be the shortest post in the entire history of this blog.

I'm exhausted, and the last couple of weeks have been really crazy for me. My personal life has suddenly gone completely insane, and while it isn't having much of an impact on my writing, it IS having a strong and inconvenient impact on some other things. 

So, with that being said:
  • You guys already know that just like every other author, I desperately want to be able to write full-time, while getting paid a full-time income doing this thing that I love so passionately. Unfortunately, I'm not making a full-time income yet, so I've been brainstorming some other ways to help my writing support my munchkins. Idea number one: Patreon. While I still fully intend to follow and implement my novel writing plans, my Patreon account is going to be a place where I exercise my writing skills in a more short term way. Novels take a long time and a lot of creative power to produce, but I know that leaves readers hungry and waiting. So with Patreon, I'm going to be offering exclusive flash fiction to my supporters there, in addition to several other rewards. The first exclusive story will go live on Patreon TODAY, so make sure you check out my page and pledge your support! It'll be worth it, I promise.
  • If you follow me on social media, you already know that I've finished Selkie II! The writing stage is complete and the book is now going through the first editing pass! It'll be with beta readers soon, and then on November 1, it will be live on your favorite major e-book market. Paperbacks will be available shortly after, and I just know you're all going to love this story! In the meantime, if you haven't started the Selkie Trilogy yet, what's holding you back? The first book is already out there, just waiting for you to pick it up.
  • I mentioned earlier that there are some things changing in my personal life that are impacting certain things I've committed to - namely, my signing schedule for next year. I was wildly excited to be planning to attend the East Texas Book Bash next August, but with things going the way they are, I just don't see it happening. I'm still hoping to be at Romancing The Smokies in the spring and Thunder Road in the fall, but that's because both events are close to home and right now, travel is just not looking like a feasible option. I can't go into any major details, but I will say this: for anyone this disappoints, please know that I'm as heartbroken as you are, and if there was a way I could make it work, I would. In the meantime, if you were planning to meet me at ETBB, please let me encourage you to come to RTS instead. All the necessary links are available here.
  • My next major novel project is Still Fighting For Freedom, the much-awaited sequel to Fighting For Freedom, which follows a young woman rebuilding her life after domestic violence. The book is already coming along well, and I'm excited to be spending time with Christine and the Safe House crowd again.

And in non-writing news:
  • I'm reading the Shining for the first time. Y'all, this book? Creepy.
  • Next week, I'll be sharing something really cool that happened to my daughter recently! This has been ridiculously exciting for us especially in the midst of what we've been going through - it was this little small thing, but it made me so grateful and was so incredibly touching and I can't wait to share it with you!

Until then,
Happy Reading,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!