Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday Sweets: For Your Valentine

If you're like most of the men I know, you're fully aware that Valentine's Day is coming and you're feeling the pressure to make this day special for your significant other - but you've bought exactly zero gifts. 
  • Maybe it's because nothing looks quite special enough for your loved one and you don't want to revert to the usual chocolates/flowers/card/apologetic-puppy-dog-eyes combo - but you know you're probably going to anyway, because you're running out of time.
  • Maybe it's because your significant other is one of those tricksy ones. You know the one - she's all cool about it like she doesn't give a chocolate truffle for the holiday and couldn't care less about being included in the romantic fervor. But you've seen her gazing at flowers as she walks past them in the store, or looking wistful as she watches any of the thousand 1-800-flowers commercials we've all seen on TV. But you also know that she's totally right when she says things like, "Meh. Why would I want a gift that dies in three days, anyway? And all I can do is look at them, really. No, honey, really - I don't need flowers this year, or anything at all." Still, she's lying, and she needs something, and you know this is a test you're about to fail. And you hate it.

Probably you're somewhere in between the two extremes, but you're lucky enough to have a partner who loves you and will forgive you for going with the last-minute usual - because if you've been doing a good job as a spouse, they know how much you love them based on the way you treat them all year long.

But just in case you're worried that you haven't been doing a good enough job - or if you've got one of those tricksy wives I mentioned above, I'm teaming up with Mrs. Fields to make sure you can still impress your special someone before the opportunity passes you by. For as little as $19.99 (plus taxes and shipping, of course - where for an extra $10-$20, you can get as close as overnight shipping) you can send your loved one something extra special this year.

With everything from the Conversation Hearts Box ($17.99-$20.99) to the Hugs & Kisses Pretzel Rods (19.99) or the Be Mine Bark ($19.99),  you can show your loved one how special they really are - and you can do it without breaking the bank!

Splurge a little more to set your romance aflame with the Dynamite Stick ($22.99 for one, or $60.99 for three), or invite your loved one to spend some time with you in the Love Shack ($22.99)

But if you're feeling a little guilty for waiting 'til the last minute (or you're in trouble already and wish you weren't), you can go all out with the Valentine Elegance Box ($29.99), the Better Than A Letter Mailbox ($35.99), or even the Peace, Love, and Cookies Tin ($37.99).

A fun little note for you - when you add anything from the Mrs. Field's website to your cart, you will be presented with the option to add-on sweet little extras - such as stuffed animals, Valentine Candy Corn, Conversation Hearts, or even frosted cookies! This is a perfect option if you'd like to include spoiling your little loved ones (got kids?) while treating your partner - and if you click here, you can take advantage of Mrs. Fields's sitewide Valentine's Day discount: use the code HEART15 at checkout to save 15% on your order! Don't waste time on it though - the discount offer expires on February 14, 2017.

This applies to families of all shapes and sizes, so take advantage of this offer while it lasts! You can use it to pick up brownie bites for your munchkins, sweet treats for your wife or girlfriend - or the girl you wish was your wife or girlfriend - and even for your sport-loving husband or boyfriend (they have MLB or NBA themed cookie tins, too!).

Celebrate your favorite gal pal with the Signature Sampler ($9.99), or even pick up something for yourself! I know I did.


Questions for the Comments Section:

  • What are your plans for this Valentine's Day?
  • What was your best/worst Valentine's Day gift?

38 comments:

  1. Mrs Fields cookies are SO good! Seriously a great last minute idea as well with so many options that fit into people's budgets.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too - and equally acceptable at any other time of year, as well!

      Delete
  2. My husband gave me a Louis Vuitton wallet and that was the best gift ever.This time am cooking a special dinner for him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it was a great Valentine's for you guys!

      Delete
  3. We dont have plans for valentines day. (Well we are currently travelling around England, but not because of valentines day.) I cant remember the last gift ive got? We dont give presents to eachother for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling around Europe seems like a good way to spend Valentines! Having dinner at a nice restaurant would be gift enough for me lol

      Delete
    2. We have been travelling for two years now. So I guess we have spent every occassion travelling around Europe. :)

      Delete
    3. Traveling Europe with someone I love would definitely be Valentine's enough for me. And for two years, someone willing to hit the road with me all the time? That's it, I'm in love. *wink*

      Delete
  4. On Valentine's day I will be celebrating my wedding anniversary too. We both decided to hang out the entire day. I never received any bad Valentine's day gifts from my husband. Last year he upgraded my diamond engagement ring which looks amazing with my diamond wedding band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a sweet gift! A smaller ring is always nice to have, and sometimes if you're married young, it's all you can afford. But upgrading later is great for two reasons - it reflects your growth both financially and as a couple, AND it gives you two rings to swap out when you want to.

      Delete
  5. I would love to get cookies for Valentines Day. My husband just bought me a necklace LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Darned husband, buying jewelry for the wife. I mean really, what was he thinking anyway? *wink*

      Delete
  6. Oh yum, I'd love to go something from Mrs. Fields! I love their cookies.

    We had a low key Valentine's Day. We had Taco Bell for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with that at all. It doesn't have to be a big huge deal to be special - and tacos are yum!

      Delete
  7. Sounds so yummy! Well Brandi, my wife and I were on Staycation at a hotel in Singapore for Valentine's Day. We enjoyed a special buffet dinner there and totally loved the free-flow lobsters and amazing desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. Fields cookies are always the right answer :). Although, my husband and I agreed early on we wouldn't celebrate V-day. But, I get small things on "off" days and enjoy those even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a certain merit to that - making a point to not make it about a specific day but instead just making the extra effort now and then to show someone they're special to you.

      With cookies, of course.

      Delete
  9. I'm a simple girl and cookies would be just fine by me anyday. Especially if they include chocolate! I really like that you can give cookies all year round so I say celebrate me with cookies any day of the year! I love Mrs. Fields but never visited their website until just now. I LOVE the look. Very inviting and easy to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? And cookies for every occasion. Cookies for Christmas, Valentines, sports teams. Birthdays too, I'm sure. Or who cares, I'd be happy with just some "well, it's Thursday again" cookies.

      Delete
  10. for valentines days, I only want chocolates and cakes! But I like the Mrs. Fields suggestion too since it also falls in the dessert category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally like whatever I get when I get a gift - but I do feel that you can never go wrong with cookies. There's something about them that goes back to childhood that's just satisfying. Plus, if you heat one up just a little and top it with ice cream? Yum.

      Delete
  11. Mrs. Fields really does have some delicious treats and makes for great gift giving! I love the idea of the Brownie Bites to surprise my girls at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's great that they have small things like that, and if you order it sent directly TO your child, all the better!

      Delete
  12. I didn't have large plans for Valentines day just hung out and had homemade fajitas this year. Was pretty fun and relaxing. These are great sounding treats for valentines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely good for Valentines - but also for other holidays, birthdays, and just because. I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day, even if it was a quiet one. I think sometimes the quiet ones are the best anyway.

      Delete
  13. This sounds awesome! I love the way you presented it! This gift sounds awesome and as a girlfriend that likes a gift from time to time this is the type of gift I'll try to hint to my boyfriend next time he want to give me something. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, every girl wants a treat from time to time, doesn't she?

      Delete
  14. I didn't have a Valentine and will most likely not have one come next year...if we are using the classic meaning of Valentine. Glad that most had one and enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a traditional Valentine either as I'm a single mom. But I had my kids - and they're better than pretty much all the other Valentine's I've ever had. We had a great day together.

      Delete
  15. Omg cookies for Valentine's would be the best!!!! Food is definitely the way to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You sound like my teenager; she eats anything she can get her hands on, and I have no idea how she stays so thin.

      Delete
  16. I love Mrs, Fields cookies and if I get a box of 'em on V-Day then I'm all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! They make such a perfect gift - not only because they're affordable, but because a gift of that quality says, "I made an effort to treat you special." And who doesn't love that, right?

      Delete
  17. You can never go wrong with sweets! I have a weakness for Mrs. Fields cookies haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful idea to celebrate with cookies! I always think about getting some cookies going for myself - order some online, or buy some in a store, sometimes I go for it - I know it is probably not good for me, but I can't resist. My guilty pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just need a cookie - I know, I've been there myself. I love that these aren't your regular ran-to-the-store kind of cookies. They're special, and so good!

      Delete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!