Tuesday, February 7, 2017

What Do Bunnies Do?

They HOP!

Just like me, apparently (from blog to blog).

You know, on second thought, I'm not really sure where I was going with this.

Did you know that I have a street team? No? Well, I do. It's a little bitty baby team with just a few people on it, and it isn't very active right now because it's a little bitty baby team with just a few people on it. Mainly, I love it because the members are expected to review all of my books (did you know I'm an author? No? Well, I am.) and because I've made what I feel are genuine connections with my team.

One such connection is a woman named Jodie Pierce. She's an author too, but she's much more than that to me. We chat often even though she lives on the other side of the country from me, and it's always a joy to catch up with her. Recently, she and I were talking, and she said that since my birthday is this month (on the 17th! I'll be 33 this year!), she wanted to do something special for my birthday.

You guys, seriously?

Jodie is the sole caretaker for her mother, who has dementia - and even though she takes care of her mother WHILE juggling her own personal struggles and her desire to be a successful writer, this blessed woman took the time out of her life to organize a blog hop in my honor.

What's a blog hop, you ask?

It's basically a promotional tour, where different bloggers signed up to introduce me to their readers through a type of post called a "spotlight." In these types of posts, the participating bloggers shared my name and bio, my book list, my social links, etc, according to a coordinated schedule. Seriously. And she organized all this, just because.

Guys seriously, I kinda love her. Wouldn't you?

Below, you'll find the posting schedule for the hop - I'd love it so much if you could click over and show some love to the bloggers who offered to participate (especially the ones in bold because those are Jodie's blogs):


This is seriously one of the sweetest birthday gifts I've ever gotten! Thank you, Jodie! To help me really thank her, would you mind to go catch up with her on your favorite social media? Give her a follow, or just interact with her today and tell her I think she's awesome! Find Jodie on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and Twitter.


Questions For the Comments Section:

  • What's the sweetest birthday gift you've ever gotten?
  • Alternatively, what's the worst birthday gift you've ever gotten?

36 comments:

  1. Awwww! You are so sweet. That is just part of why I arranged this blog hop. I believe in you and all that you are working on and toward. I just wanted, in some way, to make your birthday this year special! Thanks for the props but it really wasn't about me at all! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Jodie! You're such a blessing!

      Delete
  2. awww this is so sweet....you both never met and still share a strong bond ... inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to see her in person one day for sure!

      Delete
  3. Awwwww that's so nice of her!! The worst gift I received was a watch that I didn't like. That's because it was expensive and yet it was ugly. So I felt that the giver wasting his/her money buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the worst isn't it? When people think the price tag matters more than making sure the gift matches the recipient.

      Delete
  4. This is too sweet. It's inspiring the strong bong you both share, this is such a sweet and thoughtful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY HUSBAND - oh wow, his gifts are just the fucking best ever. He's blown me out of the water every time. Mine are pretty good for him too, but I love surprises and he always winds up surprising me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a good quality to have in a husband!

      Delete
  6. That is so sweet and even it is a small team it means their is more loyalty and they are more engaged with your books. Good luck with the book blog hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool birthday present. Jodie sounds like a good friend with a great story. I'm gonna check out those links now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely a good friend. I'm so thankful we've gotten to know each other!

      Delete
  8. This is so sweet! I had no idea that you had a street team but I will be sure to check out the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet is this lady! It's nice that you're getting the exposure that you deserve for your blog and your writing as well. It's definitely a lovely birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww this is soo sweet. What a cool birthday present. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bloggers have a knack of being a good support. It's a great community and so cool that you have found a small group like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome Brandi. We all need someone to lean on that understands exactly what we are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the title. It made me smile as soon as I opened it. My 18 month old has been going around the house lately saying "Hop" because she heard it on one of her toddler shows. Thank you for helping and sharing others blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's the cutest! My girls are older now, but I definitely miss the toddler-speak.

      Delete
  14. Oh this is so sweet and very inspiring! She is so kind and very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting initiative. This is the first time I see a blog hop in action, so thank you for sharing. I just clicked on Jodie's blogs and checked out her social media profiles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting game. Ive "hopped" over to all the blogs. Some really great ones there. Thank you for introducing me to some new blogger's. I find bloggers dont get the recognition they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's true too, and sometimes the big blogs don't have anything new or different to offer. I tend to really love the smaller ones best because they have so much personality. And if they're monetized, reading them feels like supporting a small business, which is great!

      Delete
  17. My husband takes me abroad every time for my birthday, which is what I love. We love adventuring together and this is the best way to celebrate my day :-)
    Katja xxx
    www.katnapped.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, does your husband have a brother? *wink*

      Delete
  18. That's so cool. I never heard of a blog hop before but seems like a great way to get to know other blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is, but the major point is that *I'm* the one hopping. The way a hop works is that on each of the days listed above, the bloggers listed above are supposed to put up a post about my books. It's like a promotional tour.

      Delete

Like this post? Leave me a comment - and don't forget to check "notify me" so you'll get an alert when I reply!