Sunday, October 29, 2023

A Little Bit of Background...

There's so much going on in my life, but none of it is holding back my excitement to be working with Christine and her story! One of the greatest things I've learned about writing professionally during the time I spent taking a break was to keep notes on everything - and that's one of the biggest things I'm doing as I work my way back through FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM. As I work through the rewrites of this book, I'm preparing myself for the time spent writing the sequel (STILL FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM) by taking lots of notes and building meticulous biographies for each character, as well as making diagrams of spaces and scenes so that I can reference them accurately with less hassle.

To be honest though, that's just the back-level stuff that'll give you a better book in the end; what really keeps me going is the thrill of watching Christine's story grow and develop. FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM has always been about Christine's escape from a truly horrific marriage and her growth as a woman; it's an incredible story of one woman's journey from victim to victorious. But so much more, it's a powerful portrayal of the gift of human compassion in the face of struggle, the strength of will it takes to survive, and the power of a phoenix rising from the ashes.

The dialogue in this second edition is richer, the emotion is deeper, and the realism is so much...more...than it was before. I'm already so proud of this second edition writing of FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM, and I can't wait to share it with you! Currently, FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM is finished through the end of chapter seven - I'm waiting for chapter eight to come through beta reading, but I'm also already digging into chapter nine. I love that this chapter-by-chapter style has allowed me to follow and develop the original story and address issues before I get too far away from them in the timeline, keeping details as accurate and realistic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!