Sunday, October 15, 2023

Does Slow and Steady Still Win The Race?

This has been a hard week for my family, not only because of it being Fall Break from school for my youngest but because we had a little bit of crisis to deal with. It's hard to be a writer when your life is going through hard things because stress takes a toll on creativity - but I am finding that even in the middle of it all, writing and working on Christine's story has been cathartic. Stories about violence and domestic abuse are never easy to digest, regardless of how you come across them, but they are always powerful and they change everyone in them forever.

Christine's story really started over a decade ago as a tribute to the experiences my mother and other women I knew had been through, things I witnessed as a child. Over the years since, I've built on my own understanding through unfortunate experiences of my own and the people close to me - but I am thankful for the way those lessons from men and women now gone have enriched and enabled me to take a stand in my own life over the years. I still believe in Christine just as much as I always did, and I'm so excited to be giving her story fresh eyes, fresh experience, and a reworking that will make her story even more impactful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!