Sunday, December 24, 2023

Wishing You A Merry Christmas

This week has been a busy one, with last-minute shopping, a doctor's appointment for my younger daughter, and several different parties and events as my friends and family prepare for the coming holiday. Now that we're so close, I wanted to take a minute to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

We'll be attending the Christmas service at our church this morning, then home for an early Christmas dinner, after which I'm hoping we'll have an early bedtime before tomorrow's chaos and excitement.

But before we get to that, how about an update on the writing process?

The second edition of FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM is back in the re-write phase after a short break to read through the first sixteen chapters and double-check some timeline issues. That read-through is now finished, and after the holiday I'll be starting back with chapter seventeen, leaving us with five chapters to finish before we move into the next phase of this book! There are so many different aspects of this story to juggle, from the mental anguish of a victim struggling to rebuild after domestic violence, to the anxiety over the legal process...and yes, the longing for a healthy and productive romantic relationship. I am a romance author after all; you had to know there would be a love story in here somewhere!

FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM isn't a true romance, though; while it does have a strong romantic element as the story develops, at it's heart, this domestic women's fiction novel follows the intimate and deeply personal character of Christine Matthews as she grapples with the impact of domestic abuse.

I'm still crazy excited to be so close to finishing this project - and I'm already anticipating the storyline for the sequel, STILL FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM. I've been rooting for Christine and her healing for over a decade now, and I can't wait to see her in the hands of readers who will root for her right along with me.

But first, Christmas. I hope you're having a wonderful holiday, and a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!