Sunday, January 21, 2024

Last Chapter!

You guys. The rewrite for the second edition of FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM is almost finished! This week my family was snowed in, so it was a surprisingly busy week - just in different ways. My youngest daughter was out of school all week as we faced the freezing temperatures that took over Tennessee, so that meant way more mothering than I usually do during the week. My youngest daughter isn't good with isolation, and being home-bound was a challenge for her social needs and mental health, but my oldest is a winter-lover, so she stepped up in huge ways!

She took the youngest out to play in the snow (while I worked on writing), they made snow cream (while I worked on writing), they watched movies (while I worked on writing), and since my oldest daughter loves baking almost more than she loves anything else, they made it a mission to discover and make as many wheat-free recipes as they could find ingredients for in the kitchen - with which, they kept me supplied while I worked on writing. We also played a couple of games (btw, the Guess Who? Clue game is fabulous), listened to a lot of music, and complained endlessly about the weather as the week wore on.

But in between the mothering and the being frustrated and the running out of eggs and milk (twice), I did get the twentieth chapter of FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM finished. It's now with Dana for proofing, and today I'll be digging into chapter twenty-one! We're almost there, guys!

And guess what? I've got the cover design completed, too! Hopefully next week I'll be finally reporting on the next part of the plan.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!