Sunday, February 25, 2024

God is Great, Beer is Good...

...And people are crazy.

Or at least, my life is lately. Last week my oldest daughter had Covid, which wasn't so bad because she's pretty self-sufficient. It didn't impact the editing much - but if you remember, last week was also a crazy run of appointments. This week was actually pretty much the same: it was my youngest daughter's turn with the 'Rona, which we juggled with another run of appointments topped off by classes and other obligations coming due.

This time it did impact my writing, and I'm a little behind where I had hoped to be by now. (Editing backwards? Very efficient, but also very slow.) Still, the show must go on, so here's where we stand. Currently, FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM is 213 pages, 121,099 total words. I've got 108 pages left to edit (Remember, we're going backward as we shave the fat from this whopper of a novel!) to shave this baby down to 110,000 words, but you guys, I can't even tell you how in love I am with the way this story has developed. I've said it before but I don't mind saying it again: I was proud of this book when I first published it in 2013, but now? I literally don't know a word that adequately expresses my level of excitement over this. Ecstatic just doesn't cover it.

That being said, if this book is ever going to get finished, I'd better get back to it, so I'm off to fill my planner and dig back in for the evening. If you're not following me on social media, you might not have noticed but lately, I'm adding (almost) daily updates to my stories on Facebook and Instagram, so come check me out!


*song lyric from "People Are Crazy," Billy Currington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!