Sunday, October 6, 2024

Beautiful Uncertainty: Finding Strength in the Unknown

Y'all, this week was rough. I was on the third (or fourth?) straight week of SFFF Chapter 16, and beginning to feel the pressure of the schedule I've set for myself. The thing is, the schedule isn't the problem; it's perfectly doable, even for a single mom with complex PTSD. The real problem is that sometimes, pesky life stuff just gets in the way, and I get overwhelmed just like anybody else.

So I had to tweak it a little. I spent more time resting when I needed to. It's important to me to show up as a writer, because dreams don't chase themselves...but it's also important to me to show up as a mom, as a Christian, and as my own best friend. When I "should have" been writing or "could have" been cleaning the house, instead I made a point not to kick myself while I binge-watched Law & Order: SVU. Even on the hardest days, I have tons to be grateful for, and minding my perspective made a huge difference toward keeping that time restful and refreshing.

And hey, I guess it paid off, because a load of great things happened this week:

I'm proud to say I've finally finished SFFF Chapter 16, which means we're only six chapters away from the end of STILL FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM! Those first fifteen chapters have been through the first round of proofing and editing, and they're currently gathered together in the main novel file, awaiting completion of the book - after which, we begin the next round of edits. Crazy bit of random trivia? That file is weighing it at just under ninety-four thousand words!

We're thirty weeks away from the release of the second edition FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM, and I'm planning to spend part of the coming week ironing out some kinks in the pre-order process. In the meantime, feel free to check out (and maybe share?) this TikTok, which includes the gorgeous FFF book cover and a little write-up of what new readers can expect from this first part of Christine's journey as she learns to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!