Sunday, November 26, 2023

We're Getting There ...

This was a super busy week for my family, with lots of things happening all at once. I managed with the grace of God to fit my whole week of scheduled writing tasks into three days (including my Stephen Ministry class on Tuesday and my youngest being out of school on Wednesday!), which was especially beautiful because it allowed me to take Thursday and just enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday on what would usually have been a writing day. My girls and I went to spend the afternoon with some friends from church, and it was an incredible day!

Friday we got our house cleaned and then I whipped out all my favorite Christmas decorations - my house is now properly gnomed for the Christmas season, and I am absolutely in love with our beautiful new tree. The one we were using before was a large tree, but it was a traditional tree with a wide circumference that took up a huge portion of our living room floor, and I loved the look but hated the lack of space. This year we have a gorgeous new tree - it's super tall so it still feels like a large tree, but it's a skinny tree so the footprint is much more workable! I'm still working on decluttering our house too, but so far I love how it turned out!

On the writing front, the second edition of FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM now has thirteen out of twenty-one chapters finished, with the initial rewriting and re-editing, and I can't even express how excited I am about the way this powerful story is developing. I was proud of it when I first published it (I would never publish something I feel is subpar) but I'm so much more proud now with the new developments and changes in the story. This is still part of a long-term publishing plan, but each new chapter is another step on the journey, and I'm so looking forward to sharing it here as it unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!