Sunday, January 7, 2024

Three Chapters Left!

So, I love holidays - but I am SO glad they're over for a while. Thanksgiving was a whirlwind of meals both at home and with friends from our church; Christmas was the same, but with gifts added in. And while it was beautiful and those months of holiday chaos gave my girls and I plenty of reason to celebrate the joy in our various family-and-friend groups, it was exhausting for a girl on a writing schedule. 

With Complex PTSD, it was rough, trying to manage anxieties, emotional flashbacks, and yes, even during the holidays, a little depression. I kept telling myself I just had to "make it through," and I did - but then I spent this past week running on empty, buried in brain fog, and just needing a little quiet in my life. I avoided my phone as much as possible, slept as much as I found time for, took bubble baths. Worked on my current crochet project when I could. And made an extra point to draw near to the Lord.

I did get some writing done though, and I'm betting that's why you're here, so onto the updates:

  • The second edition rewrite of FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM is still coming along, and I'm about two-thirds of the way finished with chapter nineteen, which is so exciting because it means I'm nearly finished and ready to begin the next leg of this crazy publishing journey I've set myself on. It's an intricate plan, but I love the way it will complete all three of my current series' while keeping the wait my readers will have between books to a manageable minimum.
  • During the re-writing process, I've also pulled quotes from the story, creating several book teasers that (I hope) reflect the tone and feel of the book as well as they introduce the characters - along with some of their struggles and wisdom.
  • The FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM cover is mostly finished too, so that's exciting. It's beautiful, and I absolutely can't wait for you all to see it when the time comes!
And now, back to writing. See you here next week - and in the meantime, come visit me on social media! You'll find lots of daily content on mental wellness, productivity, personal development, and more; drop a comment on one and let's get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!